Tuesday, January 6, 2009

For My Angel

I wrote this for/about Rebecca before we met.

If ever an Angel mine eyes did behold

With snowy white wings and a halo of gold

Or if there a mermaid should somewhere be found

Whose voice flowed like honey, whose hair bathed the ground

Or should there a Siren's sweet song fill the air

Or spied I a rainbow, you'd not find me there

For these make but little impression on me

All pale in the face of the beauty in thee


Oh, I could adventure upon the high seas

And sail the world over however I pleased

Or I could climb mountains, ford river and stream

In search of my destiny, chasing a dream

Yea, many's the wonder I'm yearning to see

And places a plenty my heart longs to be

Though countless and sundry the things I could do

My soul lies content simply being with you

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! That's pretty much all I can say. Wow! That and I'm glad I saw this tonight (b/c I am no longer blog-reading on Tuesday. Would have been a tragic delay. This could be inspiration for the first chapter of my new book. Starting it tomorrow. woo hoo!)

Heidi said...

Seriously--could I rip it off? If I credit you? Email me at write2me@heidiashworth.com

Jeni said...

You are a catch, no doubt about it. How did Becca manage to snag someone who is both an artist, and STABLE? I always went for the first, and after many a heartache, settled for the latter. Though, love him I do.

Rebecca Blevins said...

Ah, yes. Isn't he wonderful? I get all gooey like a warm cinnamon roll when I read this.

Honey, you're the best!

And Jen, I don't know exactly how I did it, but I'm so glad I did!

Anonymous said...

Goosebumps. Seriously, goosebumps.

A poet after my own soul. This is truly beautiful. Lucky, lucky Rebecca!

L.T.

p.s. Have more you want to share? Because I'd just SWIM in that!

Heidi said...

Hey! Someone requested a copy of Miss D in St Joseph. And it's checked out . ..

Heather of the EO said...

That made me all weepy. Your wife seems to me to be just the lady to receive these lovely words. She's precious. (not that I've ever met her, but I CAN TELL :)